Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) assist both businesses and employees by helping to resolve personal and work related problems which can otherwise lead to higher absenteeism, high staff turnover, declining productivity and work related injuries. An EAP is a proactive approach adopted by organizations and businesses who value their staff and who are committed to excellence in service.
The program utilises systemic, solution-focused approaches in order to reach the most effective outcome while minimizing cost and ensuring client confidentiality. Some of the services offered by an EAP may include:
· Short-term solution-focused counselling
· Critical incident debriefing and/or counselling
· Management/Supervisor support and training in organizational issues e.g., conflict resolution, performance management, continuous improvement systems
· Organisational structural reviews
· Monitoring and reporting of EAP utilization and outcomes